Today marks a milestone for Embrace Strength Counseling, Inc. that I am honored to celebrate and reflect upon – its first birthday. I opened the doors of Embrace Strength Counseling on June 15th, 2011 with the goal of supporting people in their desire to live a personally meaningful and fulfilling life through psychotherapy. It’s been an incredible year marked by growth and change. I have been to quite a few one year old birthday parties over the years and I am always astounded by the growth that takes place during a child’s first year. Similarly, I am proud to share the growth that Embrace Strength Counseling has seen and that I have undergone during my first year of business:
- Clients: I cannot talk about growth without first mentioning my clients. You have demonstrated strength, resilience, courage, and commitment. I am honored to hold a safe space for you to explore your experiences and to witness your courage and strength as you move toward the life you want to live.
- Social Media: In addition to beginning this blog, I am on Facebook and Twitter! I share information and resources about overall well-being and mental health related topics as well as business updates.
- The Eating Disorder Foundation: I facilitate the General Support Group at The Eating Disorder Foundation on Tuesdays from 6:30-8pm. This group is free and open to anyone struggling with an eating disorder. For more information on support groups, classes, and workshops please visit the EDF’s website. I am also Co-Chair of the Professionals Committee and a member of the Educational Outreach Committee.
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy(ACT): I am very excited to have received training in ACT and to bring this knowledge and experience back to my clients! ACT helps clients accept the difficulties that come with life, connect to their values, learn mindfulness, and commit to intentional actions that support a vital life.
- Speaking Events: I was honored to speak on the topic of eating disorders and body image on the Auraria Campus for a NEDA event as well as at Johnson & Wales University to counseling interns.
- American Counseling Association Conference: During this three day conference, I attended numerous education sessions where I learned a lot of helpful information and stayed current on the latest research and best practices!
- Stress Illness: Stress causes real physical symptoms and therapy can help! I attended a training on Stress Illness and co-founded the Rocky Mountain Stress Check-Up Network. For more information on Stress Illness, please visit http://www.stressillness.com.
- Services: Embrace Strength Counseling now accepts major credit cards for payment. I have also expanded my hours and have morning, afternoon, and evening appointments available.
I want to thank everyone who has been a part of my first year of business!
For more information on my services please visit my website. To schedule an appointment, please contact me at 303.720.9424 or email@example.com.
Happy Birthday Balloon Image courtesy of www.freedigitalphotos.net.